Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy new year : )

I always love the new year. It's such a good time to think about what you want, and make the changes you need to make that dream happen. This year, I've decided to finally push myself to do my own comic/graphic novel. I've started writing, drawing, and brainstorming. I don't think I've ever been quite so exited about my own projects before, so wish me luck.

I've really been thinking about story construction, and what I love most about my favorite stories. Virtually everyone's familiar with Campbell's work on the hero's quest, but the aspect I appreciate most is the transformation of the hero. Often what falls flat in a story is when the character doesn't really transform. The hero must make a sacrifice, make a change that will prove his or her worth as a hero.

Anyway, happy new years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment