Monday, October 18, 2010

The Stuff Dance Parties Are For.

After pulling out a bunch of my abandoned work, I took a few of the illustrations with a lot of potential and decided to complete them.  I think some of them I may have abandoned because they were to difficult to finish, but I have a lot more experience now, so things that may have been an issue when I started drawing them, such as colour and perspective, are not issues now.  This one is pretty cool, I completed the face, now I just need to render the rest of the image.

I think the thing I have learned over the last few years is how to appreciate my art.  I'm a big time perfectionist, and virtually every time I finish a picture I'd disappointed with the results.  I tend to focus on all the little details and loose sight of what's really important.  Even if it's not exactly what you want, take pride in what you create.  Enjoy the creative process from start to finish, and don't loose sight of your vision.  The act of creating is more important then the final project!

No comments:

Post a Comment